Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome...


Hi there, pull up a spot and take a seat here, UNDER THE TREE...

I'm Darrell Pechtl, the Assistant Principal of Holtville High School, here in Holtville, California.

As you can see by the picture, we are rather proud of our tree. For over 50 years now students of Holtville have found a place under our amazing Empire Fig tree to gather. The way I figure it, this tree has witnessed a whole lot of history for our small town, and has figured in the lives of thousands of students, so it seems appropriate to try to create that sense of unity and pride in this online version of those countless conversations that have taken place "under the tree."

Here you will find information and updates about our school, its teams and clubs, and issues that matter here at HHS. I hope you will find this blog interesting and useful. Please feel free to let me know what you think, and to tell me things you think should be shared.

So...Welcome! I look forward to sharing with you... "Under The Tree".

1 comment:

  1. Grats on getting this done. It is the first step in reaching the world digitally from HHS.

    ReplyDelete